| Special Initiatives
Through this pillar, our organization takes on strategic projects where we have sufficient competencies and the delivery of the projects directly or indirectly contributes to our vision while positively impacting the lives of children and youth with disabilities in Kenya.
Through this pillar,we also collaborate and partner with other like-minded organizations to implement projects that have mutual objectives and contributes to furthering our vision and mission.
- Supporting DPOs in the different counties to get organized as a platform for engagement with governance processes
- Building the capacity of the overall coordinating DPO to identify key resource PWDs to contribute to enrich the discussions and inform strategic engagement in public participation forums
- Creating an engagement framework for coordinated engagement between DPOs and the PWDs with the County Assemblies; nominated MCAs representing interests of PWDs. Such a framework will ensure MCAs have a focal point to engage with.
- Inducting and building the capacities of the nominated MCAs representing interests of PWDs on their role, opportunities for engagement with their constituents; and effective representation of the constituents in the Assembly
- Sensitization of all MCAs on the need for inclusion within legislative processes.
- Strategic engagement with Assemblies on institutionally addressing barriers to engagement e.g. employment of Sign Language interpreters.
The global summit which was hosted in London was one of the greatest summits that were used to address and find a solution that will be able to be a benefit for persons with disabilities.