We have extended the application period to 4th December 2016
Action Network for the Disabled (ANDY) is a National Disabled Persons Organization (DPO) working at all levels of the community with the involvement of persons with disabilities to bring about positive change. We were founded by and for Children and Youth with disabilities in Kenya
ANDY is dedicated to achieving equality, inclusion and empowerment of children and youth with disability in Kenya through mainstreaming this group into all aspects of daily life. ANDY is a unique initiative that provides an inspiring environment for people with different types of disabilities – and people without disabilities – to work together.
Action Network for the Disabled seeks to recruit dynamic, competent and result- oriented individuals to fill the following positions:
1. Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer
The holder of this position will work not less than two days on our project “Changing the game for disabled children in Kenya” and the rest of the days on other organizational projects.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop an overall M&E plan and manage day to day operations of the M&E system, including support of project officers in continued implementation of M&E tools and instruments.
- Implement the monitoring and evaluation system and tools for the ongoing review of ANDY projects using approved indicators and targets, to measure progress and make recommendations for improvement.
- Establish a reliable and consistent set of outcome Indicators for all program activities
- Build the capacity of the staff team and Directors and members of ANDY to actively participate in M+E.
- Ensure that the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and guidelines regarding M&E are developed and updated where necessary.
- Ensure regular data collection, conduct analysis of data and prepare reports in collaboration with the rest of the staff team.
- Support the implementation of baseline and other surveys, such as project reviews, and mid-term and end-of-project reviews.
- Ensure compliance with the requirements of the reporting systems for preparing project reports as per the Donor formats/requirements.
- Prepare for presentation and distribution to stakeholders: data, lessons learnt best practices, and the statistical, qualitative, and anecdotal evidence.
- Write a variety of documents and analytical reports, e.g. data summaries, workshop reports, etc.
- Develop and ensure that the M&E databases are updated routinely.
- Contribute to strategic planning and regular liaison with ANDY staff members and partners.
- Synthesize and analyze data for summary and thematic reports on M&E findings
Requirements for Appointment
a) University degree preferably in social sciences, international relations and/or development or other relevant discipline
b) At least 3 years’ relevant working experience in field of humanitarian/development M&E implementation
c) Have been involved in managing the MEL for large institutional grants that use MEL systems that include outcome indicators and qualitative and quantitative data collection tools
d) Experience of designing MEL tools for education/ disability/ child-led programmes before
e) Exposure to a wide range of information management systems related to humanitarian and development activities.
f) Training in monitoring and evaluation
g) Fluency in Excel is a must, as well as advanced use of Word and PowerPoint
h) Advanced knowledge and experience of standard Monitoring and Evaluation procedures and tools
i) Experience in use of large databases for data analysis and reporting
j) Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
k) Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
l) Strong analytical skills (qualitative and qualitative)
m) Ability to make quick and smart judgments in recommending alternative solutions within changed ground scenarios
n) Experience in training and capacity building in M&E mechanisms at various project levels
- o) Good understanding of various donors’ requirements (USAID, EU, DFID and Comic Relief)
p) Experience working with statistical computer software packages like SPSS Will be an added advantage but not necessary.
q) Goal oriented, with ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
Start date: December 2016
If you are the person we are looking for in this role, please submit your application via email with a subject line: Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Officer to reach us on or before 4thth December 2016.
Your cover later should state your current salary and expected salary should we consider you for this role and a minimum of three current referees on your CV.