Action Network for the Disabled (ANDY) is a National Disabled Persons Organization (DPO) working at all levels of community with the involvement of persons with disabilities to bring about positive change. We were founded by and for children and youth with disabilities in Kenya.
ANDY is dedicated to achieve equality, inclusion, and empowerment of children and youth with disabilities in Kenya through main streaming this group into all aspects of daily life. ANDY is a unique initiative that provides an inspiring environment for people with different types of disabilities and people without disabilities to work together.
Being a user-led organization, we have developed competency over a period of time through our rights based approaches to development work and the use of the United Nations Convention on the rights of persons with disabilities as a guiding framework.
- To enhance entrepreneurial culture among youth with disabilities
- To increase the number of youth with disabilities accessing employment opportunities
- To advance the acquisition of quality education and lifelong learning opportunities for children and youth with disabilities
- To increase and advocate for accessibility of sponsorship and scholarship opportunities for children and youth with disabilities
- To seek greater involvement of children and youth with disabilities in development and decision-making processes.
To enhance the life prospects of children and youth with disabilities through education and sustainable livelihoods.
In the course of ANDY’s work in the communities we serve, we are guided by core values to ensure consistency and prudent management of the organization`s resources for which we hold in trust; in the quest of meeting our objectives, we work towards:
- Diversity and inclusion
- Integrity and accountability
- Team Work
A barrier free society fully inclusive for persons with disabilities