The Innovation to Inclusion (I2I) program needs an expert’s support to develop an accessible and user friendly database as well as build the capacity of the staff within the organisation to manageThe database needs to track the progress of:
- Number and proportion of targeted people with disabilities, dis-aggregated by sex, age and type of disability, matched with job placements including internships and apprenticeships and benefiting from access to work support scheme.
- Number and proportion of targeted people with disabilities, dis-aggregated by age, sex and type of disability, trained in confidence building to engage in the labor market through an inclusive industry-demanded skills development program conducted digitally and at accessible centers.
- Number of purposefully created jobs, internships and apprenticeships provided by targeted private companies to with a view to employing women and men with disabilities.
- Number and proportion of targeted private companies with policies and practices (including adhering to safeguarding principles) following disability and gender inclusion assessment to enable women and men with disabilities enjoy equal rights in the workplaces.
- Number of innovative solutions piloted to address barriers for women and men with disabilities to access and retain waged employment in the private sector.
The objective of this support is threefold:
- To develop and equip ANDY’s team to maintain the online database of the I2I Consortium.
- To integrate the assessment tracking module into the database to inform on the progress of the I2I Consortium activities as per the urban locations : Kisumu, Mombasa and Nairobi.
- To train and support I2I Project Team at ANDY and Consortium members to use the database independently for information retrieval and reporting.
Scope of Work The services of the consultant will consist of the following;
- Develop a database structure and in line with that develop the assessment tracking module using the same platform in conformity with Accessibility standards and Usability of Online Database Conformance.
· Develop data collection online forms and offline Excel Sheet (or other convenient format) for collecting data for tracking the project activities;
· Establish an up to date data structure and in consultation with I2I Project Team at ANDY and prepare the expected set of reports.
· Establish the authorization and access control system of the developed database, and modify if necessary; add all I2I Project Team at ANDY as users into appropriate user groups and assign access to relevant modules.
· Test performance of the database queries and implement performance optimization as needed to run large queries.
· Prepare documentation of the developed system/modules and train I2I Project Team at ANDY offices on updating the data online or offline.
· Train the database I2I Project Team at ANDY on database management, maintenance, backup and restore procedures.
· Provide support to the database team in uploading all assessment reports.
The database consultant will work closely with the I2I Project Team at ANDY. ANDY will arrange the training (s); however, the consultant needs to plan for the training in consultation with ANDY’s Senior Management Team.
The database consultant will deliver the followings:
- Well structured ANDY database with functional assessment tracking module in conformity with Accessibility standards and Usability of Online Database Conformance.
- Data collections tools (forms, templates & guidelines)
- Training delivered to I2I Program consortium members (approx. 10 persons)
- Technical Report (including updated data dictionary, performance optimization measures undertaken, and other documentation i.e. manual to support use of the database over time by different people, and to ensure consistency in input and output over time
Qualifications of the Consultant
The consultant is expected to have the following qualifications:
Bachelor degree in relevant field (computer science, information technology, business administration, Management Information System). Vendor certifications and/or formal training on database administration preferred.
- 3 – 5 years of professional experience with proven skills and expertise in database development and management. The consultant should have the following skills:
· Experience with LAMP, especially building and managing large database applications with MySQL and PHP.
· Good knowledge on content management systems (Joomla/WordPress). Knowledge in Fabrik component is a plus.
· Experienced in SQL query design, execution and optimization.
· Knowledge on Reporting and charting, data visualization frameworks, such as D3.js, jqPlot.
· Experienced in documenting and imparting training to general users.
· Excellent knowledge and command of office application, in particular Microsoft Excel
Following personal attributes are desirable:
· Excellent analytical skills and high level written and oral communications skills in English.
· Ability to work with diverse group of people from different backgrounds
The consultancy will be for 15 days (including weekends) starting on November 20, 2019 to December 6, 2019
The consultant will work under the overall guidance and supervision of the ANDY Senior Management Team and closely work with I2I Project Team at ANDY’s head office in Nairobi. The consultant will report to the Executive Director
- Cover letter explaining your eligibility for the assignment and expected remuneration
- CV, including reverse chronological list of all projects/assignments and contact details (name, email/phone) of supervisors/clients. If you are a freelancer and referring to assignments completed on freelance marketplaces, please include link to your profile.