The post-holder will be responsible for the dissemination and event activities associated with the governance projects, and the promotion of the project to appropriate stakeholders, as well as provide project administration support.
- Undertaking the duties listed in the project descriptions of work which have been assigned to the project.
- Organizing a range of workshops and events
- Producing project dissemination materials.
To undertake the duties listed in the project descriptions of action in close collaboration with other project partners. The duties in the project descriptions of action will include:
- Supporting the implementation of ANDY’s communications strategy.
- Coordinating communication and dissemination actions, events and workshops.
- Contributing to writing reports.
- Leading and/or taking minutes in project conference calls.
- Taking part in project plenary meetings.
- Giving support to the Project Team on request.
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS
This job requires regular travel, and occasional out-of-hours working (including weekends) in association with conferences, meetings and other events.
- A first degree or equivalent qualification in Communications or any related discipline
- A project management qualification.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in a communications role.
- Experience in working in donor funded Projects.
- Demonstrable verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English.
- Familiarity with/interest in current disability and governance issues.
- Well-developed IT skills, design skills (Proficient in the use of MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design), Social Media Tools)
- Creative, flexible and with a demonstrable feeling for innovation.
- Demonstrable team working skills
- The ability to manage a variety of tasks, prioritize a heavy workload and meet targets.
- A logical approach to problem-solving.
- The ability to work with minimum supervision.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Understanding the role of Media Development in Advocacy and Governance.
- Capturing and documenting stories of change creatively.
- Experience in the production and editing of videos.
To apply for this position please submit a CV and cover letter outlining your eligibility for
and interest in this position to email@example.com using ‘PROJECT COMMUNICATIONS
OFFICER’ in the subject line.
Women with Disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
The closing date for applications is 24th May 2019
This is a one-year non-renewable contract.