Action Network for the Disabled (ANDY) is a national Disabled Persons Organization working at all levels in the community with the involvement of persons with Persons with Disabilities to bring positive change. It was founded for and by children and youth with disabilities
ANDY partners with other notable organizations and persons with disabilities so as to give a voice to persons with disabilities and ensure that they are equipped with education and able to sustain themselves economically.
We would like to engage a person with qualifications below to relieve the current position holder for a period of 3 Months beginning 1st April 2018.
Job Title: Temporary position for Finance and Administration Officer
Duration: 3 Months
Description of Responsibilities:
1. Internal Accounting and Finance
i. Making sure that all financial transactions are carried out and recorded in accordance with the standard financial procedures.
ii. Prepare the monthly Payroll for the approval by the Programs Director and ensure all statutory deductions (NHIF, H.E.L.B, NSSF, P.A.Y.E, etc) are done accurately and submitted on time.
iii. Enter all transactions into the QuickBooks software, and ensure that all book-keeping and coding is accurate. Ensure that all transactions are properly accounted for and that all financial records are properly kept.
iv. Responsible for the petty cash of the Organization and all bank issues
v. Prepare budgets and financial reports for respective donors
vi. Produce an internal financial progress report for the Programs Director on a monthly basis or on request.
2. Administration and Human Resource Management
i. Oversee the maintenance, upkeep, purchase, distribution, use and repairs of all office premises and equipment (e.g. computers and printers etc).
ii. Oversee all administrative filling and records, and archiving.
iii. Ensure compliance with local labour law regulations on all staff matters.
iv. Oversee all administrative matters.
v. Provide support to the office in all HR matters.
vi. Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Programs Director
• A holder of Diploma or Degree in a Finance and/or Accounting related discipline
• Professional Qualification in Finance or Accounting or currently pursuing the qualification (CPA, ACCA. CFA)
• Proficient MS office user. Proficiency in spreadsheet applications is essential especially Excel and financial systems (Quick books)
• Proven numeracy and financial analysis/planning and reporting skills
• At least 2years experience in working with an NGO
• Understanding of multi and bilateral donor policies and procedures
• Innovative and Analytical
• Self- managed
• Attention to detail
• Ability to multi task, prioritize and meet tight timelines
• A person of integrity, a team player with all round communication skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to present financial matters to non – financial managers
• Culturally sensitive and ability to adapt easily
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional referees to email@example.com with a subject reference of “ Temporary Finance & Admin Officer” to reach us on or before 12th March 2018
ANDY is an equal opportunity employer and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply. Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.