Action Network for the Disabled (ANDY) is a National Disabled Persons Organization (DPO) working at all levels of community involvement to impact positive change. ANDY is dedicated to achieving equality, inclusion and empowerment of children and youth with disability in Kenya through mainstreaming this group into all aspects of daily life. We are implementing an Inclusive participation of youth with disabilities in governance and employment project funded by UK-AID under Deepening Democracy Program (DDP). The project seeks to create a more accountable governance in the management of goods and services for Youths with Disability (YWDs) in Siaya County through effective engagement of PWDs in governance processes and economic opportunities in Siaya County.
The project aims to upscale to 14 counties within Lake Region Economic Bloc by developing disability friendly simplified documents of 5 county documents, they include; County Integrated Development Plans (CIDP), County Public Participation Guideline, Procurement Processes and Opportunities Hand Book, Disability Mainstreaming Policy and the Diversity Policy for the Public Service
The Terms of Reference for the field coordinator include;
- Coordinate with the consultants on identifying, transcribing and ensuring quality work is done.
- Organizing buy in meetings with identified partner organizations within the 14 counties in the Lake Region Economic Bloc to talk about the project and the scale up.
- Mobilize, organize and facilitate forums for persons with disabilities aimed at disseminating the IEC materials which have been translated and printed in disability friendly formats
- Prepare and submit weekly report for the assignment.
- Initiate partnerships for the organization with government institutions & other stakeholders in the areas relevant to the project within the 14 counties.
- Liaise with the communication department to ensure the activity receives publicity and raises the profile of the organization and the funding agency
- Prepare tools and conduct monitoring and evaluation on the uptake of the disseminated documents within the 14 counties.
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Community Development studies or any other related and equivalent disciplines from a recognized institution;
- Minimum of 3 -years’ experience in a similar position preferably in an NGO/ a donor funded organization
- Knowledge and experience in mobilizing, coordinating and facilitating forums
- Proven organizational, analytical, negotiating, communication (oral and written) skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and cross-cultural communications skills.
- Ability to prioritize, focus and deliver quality results within deadlines while meeting conflicting work demands and targets; working with or without teams with minimum supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally with donor, project stakeholders, County collaborators and staff at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision to meet strict deadlines